How to Participate
To participate in the Hospital OQR Program initiative, please visit qualitynet.org.
How to Withdraw
To withdraw from participation in the Hospital OQR Program initiative, please visit qualitynet.org.
Important upcoming deadlines associated with the Hospital OQR Program reporting program are available in the Hospital OQR Important Dates document. Click the following links to download the Hospital OQR Important Dates as a PDF for CY 2020
Please Note: Dates are subject to change. Please verify Population & Sampling and Data Submission Deadlines on the QualityNet website.
Voluntary Reporting of Hospital OQR Program Data for Non-OPPS Hospitals
Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs) and other non-OPPS hospitals may voluntarily submit data. The program provides a unique opportunity for hospitals to report outpatient quality data as a means to improve quality of care and performance. The registration for non-OPPS hospitals is the same as it is for OPPS hospitals. For more information on how to register, please visit QualityNet: How to participate.
Hospitals that decide to participate agree to the same reporting requirements as the OPPS hospitals.
More information on data reporting may be found at https://www.qualitynet.org/ under the Hospitals-Outpatient tab.
The current measure sets and OP measure numbers are presented below, according to measure set (they are not in order according to measure number).
- OP-2: Fibrinolytic Therapy Received Within 30 Minutes of ED arrival
- OP-3: Median Time to Transfer to Another Facility for Acute Coronary Intervention
- OP-5: Median Time to ECG
- OP-18: Median Time from ED Arrival to ED Departure for Discharged ED Patients
- OP-22: Left Without Being Seen
- OP-23: Head CT or MRI Scan Results for Acute Ischemic Stroke or Hemorrhagic Stroke Patients who Received Head CT or MRI Scan Interpretation Within 45 minutes of ED Arrival
- OP-8: MRI Lumbar Spine for Low Back Pain
- OP-9: Mammography Follow-up Rates
- OP-10: Abdomen CT-Use of Contrast Material
- OP-11: Thorax CT-Use of Contrast Material
- OP-13: Cardiac Imaging for Preoperative Risk Assessment for Non Cardiac Low Risk Surgery
- OP-14: Simultaneous Use of Brain Computed Tomography (CT) and Sinus Computed Tomography (CT)
- OP-29: Appropriate Follow-up Interval for Normal Colonoscopy in Average Risk Patients
- OP-30: Colonoscopy Interval for Patients with a History of Adenomatous Polyps – Avoidance of Inappropriate Use
- OP-31: Cataracts – Improvement in Patient’s Visual Function within 90 days Following Cataract Surgery †
- OP-33: External Beam Radiotherapy for Bone Metastases
- OP-32: Facility 7-Day Risk-Standardized Hospital Visit Rate after Outpatient Colonoscopy
- OP-35: Admissions and Emergency Department (ED) Visits for Patients Receiving Outpatient Chemotherapy
- OP-36: Hospital Visits after Hospital Outpatient Surgery
† Hospitals may voluntarily submit data in calendar year (CY) 2018 but will not be subject to a payment reduction with respect to this measure during the voluntary reporting period.
For more information on the chart-abstracted and web-based (structural) measures, please refer to Section 1 of the Hospital OQR Program Specifications Manual. Further information on the Imaging Efficiency Measures specifications is available at QualityNet – Imaging Measures.