ASC: The Lifecycle of Healthcare Quality Measures
Wednesday, December 16, 2015 Archived
10 AM ET and 2 PM ET ET
Topic: This presentation discusses the process in which Quality Measures are initiated and implemented and how the public and healthcare entities can impact the Quality Measures and their implementation.
Target Audience: Individuals working in a health care setting in varying capacities involved in quality improvement initiatives and/or reporting.
- Recognize the historical and legislative context of CMS hospital quality reporting programs.
- Describe how the National Quality Strategy frames the CMS Measures Management System.
- Summarize the five stages of the CMS quality measure lifecycle.
- Reflect upon opportunities to impact the CMS Measures Management System.
- Identify quality measures in terms of structure, process, outcomes, and experience of care.
- Elizabeth Bainger, MS, RN, CPQ
Program Lead, Hospital OQR, CMS
- Karen VanBourgondien, RN
Education Coordinator, HSAG